Over the past 36 years our office has been very active in helping our patients reduce, or sometimes eliminate, their need for glasses or contacts.
LASIK (Laser In-Situ Keratomileusis) is the most popular of the modern laser vision correction procedures. It is performed on an outpatient basis.
A thorough eye examination is the first step towards a successful LASIK experience. There are many factors to consider, including the type of visual problem (nearsighted, farsighted, astigmatism).
For some, the best visual correction option may still be eyeglasses or contacts, but for many LASIK offers an excellent alternative.
What Are The Advantages Of LASIK?
* It is a virtually painless outpatient procedure.
* Quick recovery. The majority of LASIK patients see clear enough to drive without glasses or contacts within hours of surgery.
* Precision of new lasers result in very low (less than 5%) retreatment rate.
What Are Some DISADVANTAGES/RISKS OF LASIK
* Some patients notice a glare or "halo" around the bright lights for a time after surgery.
* Very rarely, patients may have fluctuating vision, increased light sensitivity or irregular healing which can cause astigmatism.
* On occasion an eye may be undercorrected and require "enhancement" surgery.
* Most insurance plans do not pay for LASIK.
Are You A Good Candidate For Laser Vision Correction?
Perhaps yes, perhaps no! For more information on this exciting vision option just contact our office!