Follow these simple guidelines to help sell
- Tidy up the grounds including porches and garages. Keep the lawn mowed and
clear of any debris and refuse.
- Your front door gives the first impression of your home. Be sure it is scrubbed
- Make sure windows and window treatments are clean.
- If any minor decorating is needed, do it now (especially the kitchen). Bathrooms
and kitchens should be freshly cleaned.
- Keep all steps clear of hazards.
- Be certain that all light sockets have working bulbs. A well lit home is
like a welcome sign.
- Make sure dishes and clothes are put away and straighten up stacks of newspapers
and magazines. Make sure your closets look nice as well, they look much larger
if they are orderly.
- Keep beds neatly made.
- Keep pets out for all showings. Some people are uncomfortable around animals
and others pay more attention to them than your home.
- It is best if no one is home during showings to potential buyers. If you
are home the potential buyer may feel as though they are intruding and will
hurry though the home.
- If you must be home while your home is being shown, keep out of the room
the potential buyers are in. The salesman knows the requirements of the potential
buyers and will emphasize the items that matter most to them.
- Never discuss anything concerning the sale directly with the potential buyer.
Let your Realtor discuss price, terms, possession and other factors with the
purchaser. Your Realtor is eminently qualified to bring negotiations to a
- Never try to sell furniture to a potential purchaser before the purchase
agreement has been accepted.
Click here to go back.