* 1942 Enter US Navy as a chaplain.
* 1943 Assigned to the USS Oakland CL -95's pre-commissioning crew at Treasure Island, California.
* 17 July 1943 commissioned the USS Oakland as the plankowner chaplain.
* Upon our return to United States of American on 11 Januaray, 1945. Departed ship with a new assignment in Chaplain Corps and a promotion to
There is a time gap here of 18 years.
The webmaster thinks that he may have remained in the U.S. Navy and retired with 20 plus years service.
* He was the minister at John minister on February 1, 1969, which was his sixty fifth birthday.
* In 1970, he and his wife moved from Amarillo to Plano, Texas and later on to Santa Fe,
* New Mexico where he died February 10, 1985.
* His wife Marie died in Santa Fe in 1995.
* They apparently had only one son, Sherrill Ormand Woodall, born July 9, 1925.
* Sherrill died in Albuquerque, New Mexico on March 1, 1991.
The above marked with * are considered to be true records that were researched and submitted by:
William Elton Green, Ph. D.